Offered by the Medical Device Reprocessing Association of Ontario (MDRAO).
The M.D.R.A.O. Medical Device Reprocessing Techniques Course provides information to support Medical Device Reprocessing staff members in their work in the field of reprocessing.
The information required by staff to ensure their safety and the patient’s safety within healthcare organizations is expanding, as new antibiotic resistant micro-organisms become more prevalent in our society.
Staff require in depth understanding of the principles of decontamination, assembly and sterilization to function effectively, to reduce risk to themselves and the patients. They need to have a basis for critical decision-making when unusual incidents occur.
M.D.R.A.O. CLASSROOM COURSES FOR SEPTEMBER 2017 TO MAY 2018
ALL LOCTIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. NEW INFORMAITON WILL BE POSTED AT THE END OF MAY FOR THE 2018-2019 EDUCATION YEAR OPENING JUNE 1, 2018
The Medical Device Reprocessing Techniques Course will be offered by the M.D.R.A.O. & the following companies:
Getinge, 3M, Halyard Health, London Hospital Linen Services, Acart, and Vantage Endoscopy. These companies will be providing speakers for the modules.
If you need further information on any of these courses please contact the M.D.R.A.O.office by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Students can register for any course in the province no matter where they live. You do not have to be working in a health care setting to take the classroom course.
The maximum of 80 students are accepted and the course will close once 80 students have been registered on or before the closing date.
Study material is mailed out to students that have registered once a minimum of 20 students have registered for that site. A confirmation letter will be mailed to the students only until 20 students have been registered. Once the location has the 20 students then the study material and course correspondence will be mailed out.
Students will receive a receipt. The receipt is the confirmation email that is received by PayPal. This receipt is the only receipt that is sent. The office does not keep copies of these receipts so keep them to be used at a later date for income tax purposes. The MDRAO does not provide government receipts for tax purposes, this is a not for profit organization.
The fee for the course is $747.95. This includes the manual and workbook along with shipping and HST.
STUDENT REGISTRATION AND COURSE CRITERIA
- Must have Grade 12 education or equivalent (proof may be required).
- Must be fluent in speaking, writing and reading English.
- Must attend all classroom sessions. Attendance of classes is mandatory. You may not be allowed to write the final exam if you fail to attend your classes. You may only be allowed to miss classes at the discretion of your course coordinator, or if you provide a medical note, or a note documenting a personal/family emergency. In the event that you do miss classes, you are obligated to make up for the missed work in order to write the final exam.
- Must prepare for the course by reading the manual and completing each module’s post test questions in the workbook prior to the first day of the course.
- Approximately 30-40 hours of home study are required.
- A mark of 70% must be achieved on the exam. The student will receive the MDRAO Medical Device Reprocessing Techniques certificate of completion if successful. If the exam is not completed successfully, further course attempts require registration and payment of the classroom registration fee. Rewrites of the exam are not permitted. The certificate is valid for 5 years.
- No registration refunds or substitutions for registered students will be permitted. All payments are final and non-refundable. Once you pay for the course, you shall not be given a refund. You shall not be given a refund if you fail to complete the course or fail to write the final exam, due to any circumstances, including your own failure to attend classes or complete the course work.
- A student cannot transfer from one location to another.
COURSE LOCATIONS, DATES AND SCHEDULE
TIMMINS along with OTN (ONTARIO TELEMEDICINE NETWORK) REMOTE SITES: CLOSED
- Location: Being held by Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) at the following sites:
- Timmins & District Hospital (host site)
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre (remote site)
- North Bay Regional Health Centre (remote site)
- Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital – (remote site)
- Sault and Area Hospital – Sault Ste. Marie (remote site)
- Registration Deadline: March 6th, 2018
- Dates: May 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, & 11th, 2018
- Schedule for all sites