2016-2018 CHAPTER EXECUTIVE
President: David Bobier, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
Treasurer: Carol Lavallee, Arnprior Regional Hospital
Secretary: Beth Fraser, Arnprior Regional Hospital
Past President: Betty Fraser, Lennox and Addington County General Hospital
GAMMA CHAPTER COURSE COORDINATOR
The MDRAO is currently looking for two course coordinators for the Medical Device Reprocessing Techniques Course within the GAMMA chapter.
The requirements are listed below
- Must be a current active MDRAO member for 2016-2017 for GAMMA chapter and promote the MDRAO.
- Must work in MDRD in a healthcare setting within the GAMMA chapter.
- Must have completed the MDRAO Medical Device Reprocessing Course within the last five years or taken the Refresher course so their certificate from the MDRAO Course is within the last five years and is current. A copy of their certificate must accompany their application.
- Fluent in the English language and have experience in education and speaking. This must be demonstrated on their application. Must have the ability to present power point presentations to a group of 80 students or more.
- Must have current knowledge of the Canadian Standards and current issues and practices identified in the reprocessing environment.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge regarding reprocessing practices with direct experience in medical device reprocessing.
- Must be willing to sign the MDRAO coordinator’s agreement for a two-year commitment and teach one course each year. Orientation will include attending a course under direct supervision in February 2017.
- Must be willing to attend the education session every year in March in Toronto as required by the Directors of Education.
- Must agree that all material given to you for the MDRAO Medical Device Reprocessing course,used when teaching the MDRAO course. This material is all copy righted and is the property of the MDRAO and therefore can only be used when teaching the course for the MDRAO (Workbook, Coordinator’s Manual, Power Point Presentations, forms, and exams) will only be used when teaching the MDRAO course. This material is all copy righted and is the property of the MDRAO and therefore can only be used when teaching the course for the MDRAO
- Please submit your application with an education summary and contact information by December 31, 2016 to the MDRAO office
MINUTES AND REPORTS